It’s been a while, Kanazawa! It was my second time visiting and it definitely felt like my first time as it was impossible to cover many places in a day. It’s the kind of place where you want to take your time. TBH, I need a week in Ishikawa prefecture, hehe! Whenever I think of Kanazawa, I’m just reminded of anything gold or fancy (and the adorable Hyakumansan daruma with its signature mustache, lolol)~
ANYWAY! Here are my recommendations~
Date of trip: November 2021
THINGS TO DO IN KANAZAWA:
1) Get a Kanazawa loop bus ticket & enjoy sightseeing while riding the local bus.
Price: 600 JPY
2) Have lunch at Ichinokura & go around Omicho market (Kanazawa’s biggest fresh food market since Edo period). I found a cute Kanazawa special gachapon area here too so keep your eyes open when you’re here!
3) Visit Ishiura Shrine, the oldest shrine in Kanazawa. It’s a 2-min walk from the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art.
4) Explore Kenroku-en Garden (one of the most beautiful landscape gardens in Japan)
5) Visit Kanazawa Castle & marvel at the beauty of Gyokusen-inmaru Garden (previously a private garden)
6) Stroll around Higashi Chaya District & try the gold leaf ice cream at Hakuichi
7) Visit Natadera Temple & get a special goshuin.
* Goshuin = stamps handwritten by monks that you can get from shrines or temples
8) Get an eki (train) stamp from JR Awazu Station.
9) Have Oden for dinner at Yamasan
* Location: Kanazawa Hyakubangai (Kanazawa station)
10) Stay at Hotel Wing International Premium
Extra tip: Upon arriving at JR Kanazawa Station, go to the Tourist information center and apply for a hands-free travel. They will send your luggage to your hotel in the area so you can freely roam around after.
Comment below if you want to go to Kanazawa / Ishikawa in the future! Have you been to any of these places / Ishikawa prefecture before? If so, what’s your favorite memory of the place/s?
Don’t forget to SAVE this post for your future Japan / Ishikawa-ken trip!
Follow @rainbowholic on Instagram for more fun Japan travel information.